MyFlashFetish.com


FREEDOM OF THOUGHTS: Death : The Beautiful Ending................

FREEDOM OF THOUGHTS

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Death : The Beautiful Ending................




On the day when death will knock at
thy door what wilt thou offer to him ?
Oh, I will set before my guest the full
vessel of my life--I will
never let him go with empty hands.
.

When death will knock at my door.
O thou the last fulfilment of life,
Death, my death, come and whisper to me!
Day after day I have kept watch for thee;
for thee have I borne the joys and pangs of life.
.

All that I am, that I have, that I hope
and all my love have ever
flowed towards thee in depth of secrecy.
One final glance from thine eyes
and my life will be ever thine own.
.

I know that the day will come
when my sight of this earth shall be lost,
and life will take its leave in silence,
drawing the last curtain over my eyes.
.

Yet stars will watch at night,
and morning rise as before,
and hours heave like sea waves casting
up pleasures and pains.
.

Things that I longed for in vain
and things that I got--let them pass.
Let me but truly possess the things that
I ever spurned and overlooked.
.
Ask not what I have with me to take there.
I start on my journey with
empty hands and expectant heart.
.
At this time of my parting,
wish me good luck, my friends!
The sky is flushed with the dawn

and my path lies beautiful..

- Rabindranath Tagore.
posted by Sharon S. at 1:43 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home